-----Original Message-----
From: Robert B. Bodenschatz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 11:23 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: FW: [Duo2400] Re: 2400 VRAM Upgrade

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert B. Bodenschatz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 11, 2002 11:22 PM
To: 'Duo/2400 List'
Subject: RE: [Duo2400] Re: 2400 VRAM Upgrade

Tell me, is this a "solder-in" upgrade or a "chip insertion into an
existing socket" upgrade?  If the latter, maybe if they'd sell the
chipsets???  Also, if the latter, I'd think there would be more
interested in doing their own upgrades than having to wait for PS
failure to get the upgrade inserted.

I just had my back-up-turned-primary go into GLOD.  I went through the
Sidney Ho GLOD "fixit" routine without success so I pulled the HD out,
put it into MCE's "enclosure" and synched all the data back onto my
now-returned-to-primary Comet.  My back-up has turned into a parts
machine, or will get resurrected when the PRAM goes dead.  It's been off
the "electricity diet" about a month now (no battery or A/C adapter),
probably time to check to see if it comes back to life.  I have the
other 1.3 GB drive I can stick back in there if I want to, could
reasonable add the VRAM chipsets at that time if not too difficult.  I
am not that "electrical engineer" trained, but I didn't find the
dissection too difficult.  I didn't end up with any extra screws, it
really DOES help to have strips of masking tape to corral the removed
screws as parts are taken off and then replaced in reverse.