There is another option that will cost you nothing....
A small control panel (think it is shareware/freeware) that I think is
called SwitchRes, it enables you to force the video to any resolution
you want, thereby bypassing the sense pin information, I have used it
to drive PC monitor's without a switched adapter, I cannot promise
that it will work in your case, however it is free and worth a try.
Ben.
(Nb found link,)
http://ww.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=4340&db=macos