Hello!

Last Saturday I got a nice Duo setup:

*Duo 230 (w/ power adaptor)

*DuoDock (once opened, I found it has the following inside: math
coprocessor, maxed VRAM, Asante Ethernet card and Apple video card. No
internal HD)

*Stylewriter printer (this was an unexpected gift from the seller :-) )

So far, the Duo works fine except for its two batteries (PRAM and main),
which are dead as a stone (time and date are lost if you ever remove the
power adaptor for just some seconds). I plan to open the Duo to try to get
a replacement PRAM battery cell locally (I know of a good battery dealer
and hope they have it or a close equivalent; more on this in a next message)

But regarding the main battery, I have been toying with the idea of opening
the case and trying to build a suitable replacement; battery technology has
improved a lot sice that battery was released, so I think I could fit
inside newer NiMH cells, with perhaps higher Ah ratings (but, of course,
same total voltage) so the electronics of the battery will be kept but the
cells replaced. Has anybody tried this before (I am sure somebody has gone
this way)?. Please, I would like to hear from you about basic things, as
opening the battery case (is there an alternative to a Dremel tool?)

Thanks for all your help!. I do really like this small Duo.

Regards,

JOSE