I think I remember reading that the info at the site was incorrect, only the C-28. I also seem to recall that someone on the list had contacted the owner of the site and they were going to remedy the misinformation. Gee, I remember all that and I've even know that I've done the repair to 4 dock's (or was it 5??) and I was confused as well, and I still can't remember the correct capacitor #!! Maybe Brandy recalls if she is out there! She has a much better (younger) memory than mine.
As someone else has suggested, "replace both" they are only a buck and you feel so much better when you don't have to pay 70 dollars for a new power supply... if they are even available anymore??
Good luck,
Willie

Thomas Rudolph wrote:

I easily find the C28. But on one of the pages it says it might be C24 instead, who needs to be changed.

In fact, when I follow the direction on www.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/~cleary/computers/duo.html I find this:

"Find capacitor C28, quite close to the wall connection pieces but on the other side of a vertical circuit board. It is just on the other side of that board from the word "CAUTION" printed on the board, lined up with the letter O."

... pointing me to the C24 in my power supply. It's next to a huge black C19 and beside a R16. I can read sth like "100uF" on it.
When I can read the word "caution" (the fan is on the left side then) it is "on top" of the vertical circuit board (that seperates it from the word "caution"). It's somehow tilted away from the vertical circuit board, as if the board doesn't leave enough space, pushing the C24 away

C28, OTOH is just below the word "caution", imediatly next to it, next to R4.

The situation looks like this(not to scale, use non-prop font like courier):

C19
F A C24 R16
N ------------------ <--- dottet line stands for
C A U T I O N vertical circuit board
C28 R4

Which capacitor should be changed? I feel like it's C24, but everywhere it's said capacitor C28. Both look pretty much the same to me, small black cylinders.