I've been having a problem with my browser crashing on
my Duo 2300c with OS 7.5.5. I have both Internet
Explorer and iCab, and both work for a bit, then give
me a "bus exception error" and crash.

Peter,

I have been having some problems with crashes and use the same two browsers.

Your post caught my eye, something I've been suffering, too, though slightly different setup...

2400
OS 8.6
ME 5.1.5
Eudora 5.1
iCab 2.9 (previously 2.8.1)

CarbonLib 1.6
MRJ 2.2.5

In a big attempt to sort this out once and for all, jiggled things about... I want to point at one of my favourite applications as the culprit - iCab.

Though such a favourite that refuse to give up using it. So just living with the odd crash.

But can't claim this definitively.

Unless someone has a brilliant solution, only advice I can offer is trashing the "MacTCP DNR" file out of the system folder whenever things get a bit unstable, and quiting from iCab whenever I have finished using it.

My two bits.

Marc