At 12:00 PM -0800 3/25/03, Doug Neff wrote:
>The hard drive is constantly grinding, as though just staying awake
>requires too much of its energy.  I can sloooooowly accomplish a very few
>tasks just by clicking on one thing and waiting 2-3 minutes for the
>machine to register the click, then making he next click.  I've tried
>setting it to a base set of extensions, but no help.  I've tried
>increasing virtual memory, no help.

        Regardless of what you do to get it running right, BACK IT UP RIGHT
NOW!!!  I'm really suspicious of any drive which makes noise.  Since you
have a dock, you could back it up on a 3.5" SCSI hard drive by plugging it
into the Dock motherboard.  If you have the minimal cables from any 040
machine, e.g. llike an LC, even, just plug it into the SCSI jack and 2x2
power jack with the Dock lid off and have at it.
Paul