I just got hold of a 40 MB memory module, which I intend to use in my Powerbook Duo 280c. This machine, however, only accepts 36MB modules as a maximum and if I insert this module anyhow, MacOS reports a total of only 32 MB.
I'm thinking of removing one of the 5 memorybanks on the module, to convert it to 32 MB thus gaining 36 MB in total with the onboard chips.
However, I am lacking all information about the chip pinout and the module adaptor pinout and soldering without information is like driving through dense fog.
Has anyone out there got adaptor pinouts for the modules including some information how the banks are organized ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Klaus