Yup...

A nice 4200rpm, 12mm drive is probably your best low-heat, and cheapest, solution.

Check with IBM or whomever you bought the 30GB from. Some had a three year warranty.

Dear Gurus,
        My lovely two year old IBM 30 G hard drive has died. DT&T will
replace it - but . . . Apparently there's a 7200 rpm IBM hd on the market.
Better but is better hotter? My 240 (w heat sink) takes heat babying as is.
Will the 7200 rpm raise the heat vs the present 4200?
                                Donald McCaig

Yucatec Farm Williamsville, Virginia

Ralph Mawyer, Jr. San Antonio, Texas

Associate Editor
mac2400 ... http://www.sineware.com/mac2400
Your PowerBook 2400 Reference Site
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1759.