I no longer have the URL, as I saved the page as a PDF, in Safari. It seemed like the best idea at the time, as the page was in japanese, and I had to translate it through another web page. The translation was incredibly rough, to say the least, but the photos were good, so saving as PDF has enabled me plenty of time to figure out the translation, at my own leisure. I'm more than happy to mail the PDF, should anyone request it.

Please do. I would like to see it.

Just an update, tho, the guy I purchased my dead logic board from sent me a 2300c, instead of a 2400c. I have no idea how similar the pieces between the two are, but I'll check my AppleTech info, and also the info on the VRAM chips to find out. if they're not compatible, I'll have to either send the board back for an exchange, or continue looking for a dead 2400, or even dead 3400, for parts. BTW, anyone here happen to have one of those?

The 2300 and 2400 have totally different VRAM chips. Get a refund.

To finally get to my point ;-P.....I'm not sure how this hack would apply to a 2300, tho I do seem to now have a board from one in my possession. I will say however, from looking at the board, that there doesn't seem to be room for added VRAM. The 2400 is based on the 3400 logic board. The 3400 logic board has room for 2mb of VRAM, only half of which is installed on the 2400, leaving room to add more.

-Antonio

To get more VRAM on a 2300 you would have to piggyback the extra VRAM and run address lines to the correct pins on a transplanted 65225 video controller. The 65225 is pin compatable with the 65220 (I know because I have done this on a Duo 270c), but I havnt gotten around to adding the VRAM yet.

The 3400 does not have room for more VRAM. There are no open pads like the 2400 has. The 3500 might have 2 MB of VRAM, but the only 3500 board I have is dead, so I cant be sure.

Mad Dog