On Dec 28, 2003, at 8:11 PM, Duo/2400 List wrote:

From: Hugh Schickel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Duo2400] Re: Comet on 9.1--Revisited
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:05:57 -0500

Hi,

I'm interested in this too...

My experience:

Installer runs like a breeze with OS9 Helper. You may need to boost the
application component memories to get part 2 to run.

No luck getting airport 2.0.4 to run. I use orinoco 7.0x.

Filesharing via ethernet or airport seems to cause random freezes after
the update when sharing with OSX.3.x. I have not yet tried a reinstall.
It uses a bit more memory but seems to be faster other than the
filesharing problem. That problem unfortunately is a dealbreaker and
I'm probably going to drop back to 8.6 or 9.1 if I don't hear better
reports vis-a-vis this thread.

Hugh

I'll Try Orinoco 7 to see if there's any improvement. Guess I'll pass on the 9.2 idea though. Every time I try "pushing the envelope" when things are actually running quite well already, I find myself in trouble again, and I don't have time for that this time...

Bob F

---------- Duo/2400 List, The friendliest place on the Net! A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables. FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml> Be sure to visit Mac2400! <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>

RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts ][ <http://www.midwestmac.com> After-market parts for Macs. ][ 888-356-1104 ][

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>