On Mar 25, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Ernesto Forcadilla wrote:

I have similar problem when I upgraded my 2400 to MacOS 9.1, the external CD ROM that used to work with the previous OS and a third party drive, FWB CD-ROM Toolkit is not mounted on the desktop.

The problem was solved by installing the Silverlining Pro 6.4.5. This program can scan any hardware and mount it on the desktop. There is no eject button in the Silverlining control panel nor it is not possible to eject the CD by thrashing but to shut down the 2400 and manually eject the CD ROM to remove the disc.

If you are using a third-party CD extension and upgrade the OS, the OS installer will seek and destroy the third party extension and replace it with the Apple driver, unless you use Marc Moini's Clean-Install Assistant. I've seen this happen all the time. "Hey, I upgraded my OS and now my CD won't work." Moral: Use CIA, or save copies of all your third-party stuff.

-- Greg [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------- Duo/2400 List, The friendliest place on the Net! A listserv for users and fans of Mac subportables. FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/DuoListFAQ.shtml> Be sure to visit Mac2400! <http://www.sineware.com/mac2400>

RoadTools $30 PodiumPad available at Apple retail stores, $20 Traveler CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>

Midwest Mac Parts ][ <http://www.midwestmac.com> After-market parts for Macs. ][ 888-356-1104 ][

MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only $879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS! <http://www.macresq.com>