In a message dated 5/12/2004 6:31:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Did you check the fuses on each unit ?

Hi,

Another lister turned me on to a webcite that explained how to replace the
"F1" fuse, which might be the source of my problems with the "white screen"
2400c I have:

http://home.socal.rr.com/midijab/

NOW the only thing I need to do is undestand how one checks fuses! What is "Continuity Checking," and how is it done?

Once I FIND what the problem is, an associate of mine (who does all of my
solderin') can do what I ask him to do, and probably fix it.

Thanks for the help, eveyone!

Check the fuse with a voltmeter set to resistance mode. If the fuse is blown, it wont pass any current, and the meter will read "1" (open circuit). Otherwise, after a few seconds, it should drop to "0".

There are a number of fuses on the motherboards, I think 10 or so, IIRC.

If none of the fuses are blown, you need to swap more parts around.

Mad Dog