Do you get the blinking floppy disk icon ?

Not even that. Maybe I have a more serious problem than I thought.

Right. Having dug out an external CDR and hooked it to the SCSI port with a MacOS system disc in it, and having still the symptom of a screen that's just blank (dark grey, though lit), I'd have to guess that there's something else wrong. Next step I'd have to guess would be to hook up an external monitor to it, even assuming I can. Tinkering continues.

- LA

If the screen never lights up it may be a GLOD or a screen issue. The external monitor is a good idea.

Mad Dog