Hi All,
<snip>
With DereK Miller's manual as the guide, I've purchased a Dell Truemobile Gold card,
installed the Orinoco driver and run through the remainder of the set-up procedure. So
far, so good: when I insert the card, it shows up as Orinoco on the desktop, the
status light comes on and the control strip module indicates my home network (Airport)
is recognized. However, when I open the Orinoco control panel it indicates

Current Network: - searching -
Base Station Address: - none -
Signal Strength: - nada, nothing -
using the active configuration created by the Setup Assistant. What did
I go wrong? Any suggestions to get going would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Peter

Peter, I had this problem exactly in 128 bit WEP mode on the
Airport Base Station. No problem without security enabled though.

After much trial and error found I'd entered incorrectly the hex equivalent password
the ABS assigns, in the Orinoco Control Panel. I'd mistaken a 0 for
an O. HTH.
--
rs