Am Samstag, 29. September 2007 20:14 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> Hi!
>
> Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> >>The Start/Stop labels are already in a bold font compared to
> >>Chapter/Bookmark... but of course, color would be much better!
> >>
> >>Why not using the same colors, as for the buttons?
> >>
> >>geen = start
> >>red =stop
>
> That was my first idea as well, since it would only be logical. The
> problem with these colors is, however, that many people - about 7-10
> percent of all males, and a few females as well - can't see any
> difference between them (search Wikipedia for "Color Blindness" if
> you're looking for a reference).

Of course,... you're right... I didn't thought about that...

> Besides that, colorful GUIs (and, in particular, colored text) IMHO are
> a real annoyance. I just complained to a web designer in our company the
> other day because he used about a dozen different colors on a redesigned
> intranet web page we use frequently. The page became almost unusable.

Yes, I know what you mean... It sometimes actually looks like if the pages
were designed by people with that red/green blindness...

> I really like the "gray background" approach, however. And since it
> turned out to be easy to implement as well, I already added it (see
> revision 73). As far as I'm concerned, it looks pretty good - and it's
> much less disturbing than colored labels.

Yeah, not bad... better than before... how about combining both approches?
With (at line 109-116 of evenlistitem.cpp):

  if (evtype==start)
  else if (evtype==stop)
  else if (evtype==chapter)
  else if (evtype==bookmark)

it's a little less nervous / more obstructive than before and the colorblind
won't even notice it...

ciao,...
have to leave now...
Ralph