Hi,

Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2008 13:39 schrieb Michael Riepe:
> Ralph Glasstetter wrote:
> > just solved a bug which occured under Windows when opening a movie in a
> > top level dirctory!
> >
> > In that case for instance 'C:' (without trailing slash!) was stored in
> > lastdir and the next time when openFileNames() was called the Dialog
> > didn't show up, but instead returned with an empty file list!
>
> Maybe we should have added a trailing slash to lastdir.
Hmmm,... you mean always... don't bother if windows or linux or toplevel
directory or not?

That would clean up the code and remove all those if-clauses... AFAIK double
slashes don't matter (just in case QT adds another one when appending the
file name)...

OK,... you can check in the appended patch the next time when you change
something... it doesn't adds any functionality, just eye-candy for
developpers... :)

> > I also implemented the possibility to have a fixed 'lastdir' by setting
> >    /lastdir/update=false
> > (which also could have been solved the bug).
>
> Not really ;)
No,... but that was the workaround I implemented, before I found out the real
reason for the behavour...  ;-)

> > May it's also a good idea to group the settings for the wheel* or jog*
> > entries...?
>
> I just did exactly that. The filters got their own group, too.
> I also added a version number to the configuration file (current version
> is 1, older formats without the entry default to 0). And, of course, I
> implemented automatic format conversion. The new release accepts either
> format but always writes v1 format.

Hey great,... guess that's good enough at the moment! :-)

In case of inflationary version numbers (and if-clauses) we can later move the
whole part belonging to a given version number to specific functions (which
then never have to be touched again).

ciao,
Ralph