Hello,

Cengiz Gunay wrote:
> Now, to really make it simple for finding commercials, it would be GREAT
> if dvbcut could identify the black frames during indexing or a separate
> scan. Then, the user can jump through them and fine-tune cut points. I am
> a little confused about the "difference from frame" function and
> auto-chapters function. Maybe these can already do what I suggest, but I
> don't know how to use them properly.

I think that the "difference from frame" function is useful when a part
of the movie is repeated after an add.

Assume that you have set a stop point before the ad; by enabling the
difference function, it is possible to find after the ad the frame with
exactly the same picture as the stop frame. (in the case, where the last
seconds of the movie seen before the ad, are repeated after the ad)

Cheers

Francesco