I can think of lots of reasons that the QSL route got changed.  For example:

1.  The original address appears to be a business address... something may
have changed (such as an employment or ownership change) that makes this an
unreliable route.

2.  The individual who was set to handle the cards may now be unavailable --
job transfer, medical problem, family problem, SK all come to mind.

3.  The original address was just a mail drop for forwarding purposes, and
the forwarded mail has been intercepted enroute.

Note too that K1BV did NOT say that the mail would or would not be
forwarded.  He DID say not to count on it.  That may mean nothing more than
he does not know when, how, or if the party(s) on the UK end will handle the
mail that they've received so far, especially in terms of getting it
(somehow) to him.

What this entire exchange appears to say is that for whatever reason, the
original route did not work out and they've made alternate arrangements.
Nothing more, nothing less.  I wouldn't make any further accusations or
implications without further data.

73, ron wn3vaw

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... won't you be my neighbor?"
Fred Rodgers, "Mister Rogers Neighborhood," SK, 27 February 2003