On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 05:50 AM, Tony Martin wrote:

"Is it REALLY that important to any one of
you that you be NUMBER ONE?"

Hi Tony - No, of course not. Everyone has their own goals: making the HR, making #1 on the HR, getting to 300 worked on a particular band/mode etc or just simply confirming 100. We do these things for ourselves, our sense of satisfaction, our egos. I don't pretend that what's important to one op is necessarily important to me or vice versa. For me, this discussion is about the perception of fair play and the rules' impact on attracting new blood to the DX hobby.

See you all in Visalia in April to continue the thread.......?

73, Steve WB6RSE

Hey Tom, N4KG - I forgot about the 6m Qs in the Challenge. I thought 80 and 160 would be enough of a discriminator! (West Coast perspective.)