>From a Canadian prospective, our license allows us to use any mode anywhere
in our allocated amateur bands. There are "recommendations" from our
national organization, RAC, but these are just that, recomendations. To date
Canadian amateurs have generally operated as per the RAC recommendations but
during contests, more flexibility is excersised.

The WRC changes to 40 meters simple reduce some broadcast QRM.

Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
403.251.0384
ARRL DXCC Card Checker-Southern VE6
http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Wylie
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; John Warren
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Need 40M Info

I dont think its a cse of what the American's do, but what use will the
European make of this extended part of the band.  The USA already HAS use of
this part of the band.   I guess us Europeans will populate it with SSB and
let the CW end of 40 creep up to maybe 7.050 with Digi modes  between 7.050
and 7.070 - but who knows, the Germans or the Italians may have other
ideas......

73 de tom
GM4FDM  :-)