Larry, you are right that it "doesn't fit."  However, everyone knows
exactly what it means.  Can you imagine the confusion as everyone, world
wide, tried to implement such a change.  I learned it years ago as a
novice.  While it literally isn't correct, why change it if it ain't
broke.  I don't get it.

Steve, N4JQQ