This one should have been moved from dx-news, so I will. From
what I gather some DXers seem to be interested only in working
a new one regardless of what is going on in the world today.

Remember the German DXpedition to Spratly several years ago? That
one resulted in one of the operators killed when fired upon.
Everyone knew that things on the islands were not cool and all
were taking a big chance just to work a new one.

Sixty years ago DXers had no problem. DXers were off the air. Some
did have a chance to play with radios and were cjhoice targets, on
both sides of the conflict.

John N6JM

BTW. History was made in California last night. A sucessful recall
and a chance were an immigrant could wind up in the highest office
in the state!