Between the emails last week and the post earlier today on DX News, I'm sure that this is no surprise to anyone, nevertheless...

As you know, there's been a recurring headache with one or more list members who are AOL subscribers reporting DX News and/or DX Chat posts as spam.

Why the induhviduals involved are doing so is unknown... and at this point, moot.  This is causing Urb a major headache.  He is getting quite a few "TOS" spam reports from AOL.  Bottom line, if the problem isn't stopped at the source (ie the ones responsible quit reporting the list emails as spam), then to protect his commercial and government clients, either the lists have to go or the AOL email addresses have to go.

It would be nice if AOL's email handling was a little more user friendly -- and less automated -- but it is what it is, and they're not going to change their policy to accomodate our friendly little list.

In any event... because of the continuing problems, Urb has instructed me to remove all AOL email addresses from the list.  I will start doing so as of Monday afternoon, once I return from work.  This is not something I look forward to, not in the least.  But, since we're not paying the freight, and reside here thanks to the kindness of Urb and his business associates, there is no choice in the matter.

If you have an alternate email address, please resubscribe with that address.  We hate to see anyone leave, but the circumstances have forced this situation upon us, and I'd like to see all of our members that can stay do so.

Any questions, please contact me directly.

73, ron wn3vaw
administrator
dx chat