At 11:11 AM 3/13/05, Bob Nielsen wrote:
I have never figured out the purpose of the TB-wires category.  It
appears to be there to equalize things for the guys with smaller
antennas, but if I interpret the rules correctly, with a vertical, I
have to compete against the guys with the stacked yagis (I guess I could
use that category if I stuck to 40 and below).

Bob, N7XY

I think you may be mis-reading it just a bit. On 20, 15 & 10, one is limited to using only one "triband" antenna of any type as long as it employs a single feedline. That allows the use of trap verticals, G5RV's, etc.

Technically the rule would seem to not allow using three mono-band verts or dipoles each with an individual feed for 20, 15 & 10. However, the spirit of the rule has been:

  - no monoband beams
  - no stacked tribanders
  - no beam or multi-element antennas on the low bands

Ask N8BJQ directly if one wants to be sure.

73,
Mike K1MK

Michael Keane K1MK
[EMAIL PROTECTED]