Well Jerry I think I qualify as a serious CW operator , Honor Roll CW and all with my Bencher or vibroplex speed key. I believe no matter how the signal is generated, computer, key, etc, what goes out over the air is a CW signal composed of dots and dashes. What you hear is a CW signal and how you copy it or generate the CW signal, I do not believe is addressed in the DXCC regs.

I hear some SSB ops actually use a recording device to transmit their call and actually record the incoming signal. But I guess your theory is that it really isn't true SSB operations.

Rod WC7N
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jerry K3BZ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "(Reflector) DX-CHAT" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: [DX-CHAT] Fw: [dx-list] SV2ASP/A

Apparently SV2ASP/A is sending and receiving CW using a computer program in
both directions. Does this qualify as a "real" CW QSO?  Valid for CW DXCC?

If the answer is yes, the next question is.... should it be?

No flames, please....it's only a question. I'm not singling out Monk Apollo,
there's a growing number of guys doing this.  And it's a serious
question.... I'm just wondering about the opinions of serious CW ops out
there.

73,  Jerry K3BZ