Propagation is just a small part of the game.

It is a big part of the game up here in the North !!!! .
This morning, 27 sept  o6 UTC  I checked the signals spotted on the
clusters.
The only audible signal was on 40 meters SP, with auroal flutter.
The forecast is not particularly optimistic either, with high K and A
indices !!
We may have a few days now  with virtually no or very poor openings.

Unfortunately K7C today had moved to 7020, where there is a carrier . He is
practiaclly zero beat with it, so if somebody could work them and ask for a
2-300 HZ move down it would be  great !

I think Martti OH2BH is right, when he says that the Dxpeditioners have to
control the situation.
I have been waiting for K7C to announce  QRZ EU. We would soon find out
where they would work us, if they just made an effort.

73  rag LA5HE

Most hams think the JA's are polite and orderly in a pileup.  But when you
get close enough to Japan to hear the 5 watters you find out they can be
just as unruly as any Italian or American pileup.

At XZ0A, the only way I could hear or work anyone other than a JA on 80m was
to run the JA's 2 KHz up and everyone else 4 KHz up.  The JA's never did
catch on to what I was doing and I could run a dozen or more Q's 4 up and
the pileup would still be calling me at 2 up.

Patience.  Sooner or later the JA masses will be satisfied and the K7C gang
will be able to hear someone else.

de Paul, W8AEF