Good evening all.  Just returned from the 13th annual 3 Steve's and
Kurt W1AW expedition and boy are my arms tired

But did we have fun.  We got to play with equipment that we couldn't
afford.  I got to use the stations Kenwood TS-480 for the 1st time.
What an interesting little rig...good quality sound and a lot of
buttons to push

1st..over 580 q's were put in the log  with apporximately 40
individual calls being eligable for that coveted WAS certificate

The bands were all over the place in fact, we worked more people off
the sides of the beams than head-on.  Unfortuanately the sunspots
were not too kind to Europe..just a few q's

Thanks for those that spotted us on the packet cluster.  We moved up
into the General bands after a while and this allowed people to
follow us

Most (at least from my 15 meter station) were direct shots into W5,
mostly Texas and when Andrew quit fiddling with the tower my antenna
was on, into the Caribbean.  20 meters was hot as was 17, but 30
meter CW was smoking

In a few days, the Steve's and Kurt website:

http://68.196.94.146:888/

will have the logs and you can check for yourself + there will be
pictures  YIKES!!  Just remember, the camera adds a few dozen pounds

You'll be able to see how the q's are broken down.

The lucky guys with the Hooters gal are Andrew N2IFB, who valiantly
tried for  2 and 6 meters contacts and his friend Eric, Andrew going
for code upgrade and Eric going for a code ticket by March 2006

For those of your qualifying for WAS, no qsl is needed.  I will pull
the calls from the log and print certificates, get them signed (the
hard part) and then will get them in the mail.  In the past, it seems
they get mailed right around Dayton (May)

Again, thanks to everyone who could hear us (I know that NJ is a hard
copy) and look for us again in May, either on our wya to and from
Dayton OR possibly /KP2 at the qth of Brian and Ann  KP2HC and KP2YL

3 Steve's in Speedos??  Ohhh my, the thought is mind numbing

A happy and healthy 2006 from the 5 of us to the 1000's of you  Good
DX all around and we'll see you all next year

73

STEVE KF2TI
STEVE N2IFA
STEVE KB2ENF