Special TNX to Ralph, KØIR and Bob, K4UEE for this important News:

73s

Oreste D'Anzilio, IZ8EDJ
www.strangeradioteam.com

---------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE  2006-5

UPDATE

Peter I DXpedition- 3YØX

For Immediate Release

January 10, 2006

From: Ralph, KØIR and Bob, K4UEE

          Peter I DXpedition co-leaders

We are pleased to announce that the 3Y0X DXpedition has been given a substantial grant by the ARRL/Colvin Award. This is a prestigious award and is important to our overall DXpedition financing. Our special thanks to the Awards Committee.

Our twenty-two-man team now includes Wayne, KU4V and Robert, SP5XVY. Their special expertise rounds out the team.

Our sea container containing all of our equipment, and most of the team's personal gear is aboard the vessel DAP Mares which is now in the S. Shetland Islands. Our foodstuffs are also aboard after being purchased in Punta Arenas, Chile. The team will be reunited with their equipment and gear on or about Feb, 2nd to begin the 4 day voyage to Peter I. Remember these dates are target dates and weather dependent.

The team has been assigned the special Chilean Antarctic call sign of XR9A for use to/from Peter I. We hope to be QRV from Punta Arenas for a few days and then maritime mobile to and from Peter I. There is also a possibility that the team will also be QRV from the S. Shetlands for a few days after the Peter I DXpedition is complete.

Our website, www.peterone.com, will be updated regularly and should be checked often. The website should be considered the best source of updated and correct DXpedition news direct from the DXpedition leaders.

We are currently designing a special "souvenir " QSL card to commemorate your QSOs.

Please QSL via N2OO.

Please visit our website often as we have worked hard to enable you to be a part of this incredible adventure. We are seeking financial support, so consider a donation please! Pay Pal is accepted!