For the past fifteen minutes I have been listening to an SSB QSO between two stations largely concerning boating, personal matters, etc. in English on 10.131 USB. I assumed they were just that-boaters. I was amazed, however, at the end of their contact that they both signed (non-US) ham calls using accepted phoenetics that you'd hear on our bands. Now they could have been pirating the calls but if they were pirates, why bother with calls? I know that this is an ITU issue, but are there any administrations worldwide that permit SSB on 30?

                                           Best DX

                                         Mike  W2LO