To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 1:49 PM
Subject: [DX-CHAT] long time...

Hi all;
Now that 3y0x is qrt, I have some time to relate something which seems at
times to be a favorite subject...qsls that take a long time.  I have heard
of qsls that thru the buro have taken many years to arrive.  In fact, here
at k8wk (old calls wa4hii and nj8n etc) there have been some via the buro at well over 10 years. But last week I got one direct that was about 8 yrs in the delivery. The Q date was 2/21/98 with c6a/k8cc I think 20m cw. I sent for the qsl on 5/29/98. No immediate reply, so I wkd another and subs rcvd
a qsl for the band-mode.  So I was surprised last week to get in the mail,
in my orig SASE (albeit a bit yellow on the edges) with proper added postage
from 32 cents to 39 added by the sender, a confirmation of this Q.  There
was no note and the delay,of course, could have been caused by a whole
myriad of things...but nevertheless it got here...tnx Dave. So...the moral
of the story...never give up...the qsl u need, and sent for direct, may be
on the way...sooner-or-later...hi...73/dx
steve, k8wk