I think of more importance to those of us on my side of the pond is the preponderance of operators from Europe who may have a different focus than east coast and central North America, arguably the most challenging location for VU4 signals. To be honest, fighting a rock-solid EU wall for 8 days straight isn't my idea of fun. Personally, I'm debating taking the plunge for a legal limit amp...I don't think 500W will be enough to get over the wall, not even with my Yagi at 70 feet.

On CW the difference is the operator's skill ( at both ends) - not the signal strength !

73  GL

Rag  LA5HE