From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ron Notarius WN3VAW
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 12:31
To: Dan Zimmerman; dx-chat@njdxa.org
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Timor Leste

Dan,

I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time!) and if so, I'm sure I'll get
corrected (ditto!), but...

Contacts made during the UN administration of East Timor/Timor Leste count
the same, for DXCC purposes, as contacts made under the current
administration, since they are the same entity.

However, there is a small "gotcha."  There was a short period of time when
certain stations, who had been licensed under UN authority, continued to
operate without benefit of a new ticket from the current government.  (I
worked 4W6MM in the IARU contest during this time period).  There was a
question at the time as to whether or not QSO's made during that interval
would be counted, under the theory that the UN tickets automatically expired
when the reigns of government were handed over.

I do not know if this question was ever resolved, so if you worked someone
during the, shall we say, transition, then you may want to verify with the
DXCC desk the potential validity of the card prior to submission.

GL!

73, ron wn3vaw