Hi all,

After 4 years of using Heil headsets, I'm looking for something a little more professionally-built. Cheap plastic, short cords, too-thin wire, etc, and now RF getting in at higher power levels with ANR engaged; it's getting too much to take.

Essentially, I'm looking for a comfortable ANR boom-mic headset, built to professional standards (regardless of cost). There's no way I'd consider anything that's not active noise cancelling on receive, and noise-cancelling on TX would be a nice benefit for my echo-chamber shack with loud blowers. I'm thinking maybe something broadcasters use at sporting events with lots of crowd noise, maybe?

Decent TX audio is obviously important, as is comfort for use in contesting (i.e. not clamping aviation headsets -- can't see wearing my David Clarks for 36 hours straight!).

Any thoughts? As I said, Heils are good electronically and when they're brand new, but over the long-haul I find too many problems with them. I own both the Pro Set Quiet Phone (ANR), and the Pro Set Plus. The Plus is by far the better-built, but lacks ANR.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT