At 06:34 AM 04/30/2007, Jerry Keller wrote:
BS7H was 5-5 to 5-7 much of the afternoon here in eastern PA, n a 3 el yagi.

I'm surprised that they couldn't be heard in NJ, just a few miles east of my QTH. Must be something wrong with the antenna or the feedline. Or maybe an arrogant, ill-mannered attitude blocks the ears (as well as the head).

As another New Jersian, I can say they had a very readable signal most of the day on Sunday (when you could hear beneath the QRM). This morning they're about 53 (but perfectly copyable) as of 8:45am, short-path. I was able to hear them from the time they first showed up until about 3pm (Eastern time), then again from about 6:30 (weakly) on and off before I QSY'd to the TV at 8:30.

All I have here is a C31XR (3 el on 20) at 70', so no stacks, etc, here. I'd also suggest checking your feedline!

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT