Futurists are talking about a possible coming "virtual community" via Internet that supplants towns, neighborhoods, or even nations in the hearts and minds of its participants.

I say hams are already ... and for years have been... a virtual community that shares similar traits, goals, aspirations, and code of honor. I certainly feel more allegiance to the community of hams than my former neighborhood or town or state in Florida... and maybe at times, even to my nation.

Interesting idea that makes being a ham, and especially exchanging DX contacts, a point for consideration within the virtual community discussion, eh? 73

Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]