I wonder if the people making anti-ARRL statements have even bothered to talk to any of the ARRL officials? And if not, why not? I met Joel W5ZN at the Dayton VHF banquet last year (2006). What a great guy! I've had numerous chats with Dave K1ZZ. I always seem to cross paths with my Division and State ARRL officials at most of the local hamfests. These people are all dedicated hams from my observation, and not in the ARRL to make money. They have always come across as wanting to serve me as a member.

I can't say I agree with everything the ARRL does, but I think they are doing what they can in a changing world of amateur radio. Let's face it, the average ham is far different today than he or she was back in 1970. I am probably much different in my own interests than the average ham of today.

BTW I just renewed my ARRL membership.

73, Zack W9SZ