At 10:29 AM 12/11/2007, Barry wrote:
If it's an exotic location, I can understand the excitement.

However, when new DXCC entities are created out of relatively common, easy to work entities, due to political changes (YU, PJ, etc.) I view it as more of a pain in the a** having to work them and collect QSLs to maintain my position on the Honor Roll.
What's your view?

PITA, yes, but when you're bored silly and 5 or 6 new entities all come on at once (i.e. a year from now in the Caribbean), it will make for some Hot Times on the Old Bands. Personally, I love busting pileups so it'll be fun for me, especially if I can get all of them on 9 bands/3 modes in as short a time as possible. I'm also hoping to travel down for a first-activation of one of these, something that just wouldn't be possible to some far-flung island at the end of nowhere.

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT