To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 3:05 PM
Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] FJ/OH2AM signals

One thing that's pretty obvious, especially if you keep an eye on the
cluster while trying to work them, is that their pattern is -- no pattern!
Based on the spots alone, they'll work someone transmitting on 7015, then
7021, then 7012, etc. ... up and down within the announced listening range.

My guess is that they don't linger on a particular frequency for more than a
QSO or two.  That defeats anyone trying to jam up their receiver.  It also
may mean that when they QSY, they quickly hunt a clear signal on the band,
and when the cluster watchers QSY to that frequency, they vacate others
which now have a clear signal to work.

Maddening to those who try to match a pattern.  But the best strategy may
just be to pick A frequency and stick to it, and wait for surrounding
traffic to clear away.  Add superb operators with great filters, and given
enough time, you'll work them!

73