The optional Powwer Supply cooling fan on my Alpha 87A Amplifier
(externally mounted on rear of cabinet) needs to be replaced. The normal
thing to do would be to replace it with another of the same brand, size,
ratings. It is an EBM PABST Model 4580Z, and they are still available from a
few suppliers.

  It is disconnected now, and it is amazing how much quieter the amp is
without this fan. I have had other owners tell me they don't have one
installed for that reason. I have also had others tell me then have one
installed, but have a switch so that they can have it off most of the time,
but on for high duty cycle modes like RTTY.

  Has anyone found an equivalent blower of the same size that is quieter,
but that still does the job?? Since ETO/Alpha didn't install one on the amp
to begin with, its need must be marginal. They advertise full time key down
operation at 1500 watts so you have to wonder why it is needed in the first
place. Your help and information would be appreciated.

  I sold mine and got an ACOM 2000 instead !  Very quiet in comparison

  73

  " RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

  Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.

  For more information about Telemark take a look at :
  www.telemarksnett.no/en/index.html