For duping an expedition, the rule is simple: If you didn't hear your call
to your satisfaction, work 'em again. If a DXpedition operator doesn't like
it, and if it happens too often, that operator may realize that some
examination of his/her operating procedure may be in order. Sad to say, many
DXpedition operators are lax in not repeating a callsign after correcting it
- or not. My famous "I don't sure" QSO comes to mind. (That was my own
realization at XF4L that there might actually be a reason why the guy duped
me four times. When I slowed down and asked, he said "I don't sure." I'll
never forget that QSO.)

After my first QSO with TX5C, I decided to adopt the Japanese technique of
never sending a signal report until after your callsign is sent - and
received -- correctly. That procedure served me well for all of my
subsequent contacts. (It goes without saying that once they do have your
callsign, don't send it again.)

Wayne, N7NG

Jackson Hole, Wyoming