Steve, I obtained my first Vibroplex bug in 1961, quickly imprinted on it (hey,
I was only 15) - dah with pointer finger, dit with thumb. And there is no way I
could ever reverse this - lack of flexible brain power on my part. Thus, every
subsequent means I used to send code was contrasted with the bug. Paddles never
quite had the right "feel". In my advancing sunset years, arthritis has taken
its toll so back in 2001, I switched to a straight key. However, I still have
my Vibroplex, albeit needing some repair and maintenance.

73 de Fred K2FRD

At 3:52 PM +0000 19/5/08, Steve Adell - KF2TI wrote:
>I aquired my first vibroplex original key, circa
>1963 at the Dayton Hamfest

<snip>