I am cross-posting this to the DX Chat and IC-7700 reflectors because the problem may be familiar to members of the first list and the desired radio may have recently become surplus to members of the second.

A friend of mine in Bulgaria, an experienced DX'er who has been forced to use other people's radios up until now, is finally in a position to look for a radio for himself. Unfortunately, the radio he is looking for--a used/mint ICOM IC-756 Pro III--is prohibitively expensive in his country. He has asked me for help in finding a suitable radio for sale in the USA (weak dollar, etc.).

My first reaction is to simply suggest he contact a USA dealer for a recent trade-in. A dealer would probably also be familiar with exporting to Eastern European countries.

So what is wrong with my idea? I am in no position to represent my friend financially, so are there other alternatives? Is it as simple as just putting buyer and seller in touch with each other or are there a lot of other factors involved? I'm flying blind here.

Thanks for any and all comments or suggestions.

73, Dick
--
Dick Flanagan K7VC NV SM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]