> I haven't worked many Asian stations recently.

Yep.

> I was lucky to get the last VU7 and BS7 operations when there was a little
> sunspot activity (not much).

I couldn't get the BS7.  I heard them for a grand total of 1/2 hour on SSB
and I'm only 100W & a 20m Moxon (which I actually built to work them ;-) ).
I called anyway but no joy.

VU7 was another story.  I snagged VU7RG on day 1 on 40m CW right before
sunset.  Turns out propagation between here and VU7 is really fantastic.
They were very loud.  I got a 17m QSO a few days later.

But VU4 is a much more polar path from here and I couldn't hear them at all
even though I heard the more recent VU7 a little. Totally different world.

> But I only worked a couple JA's in CQWW CW. And they were tough to work.

Yeah.  I heard a DU on 40CW longpath the other day but couldn't make it
through.  Not much hope for, say, that V8 or XX9 that I still need or
whatever.

> The upcoming KP5 operation should be an easy one hopefully, for those of us
> in the USA.

Should be a good one for a lot of folks.  I have a N3KS/KP5 card sitting
here from a really lucky break when I was living in an apartment ;-)

There's a good chance that KP5 will be my #99 or #100 on topband though....
but that's going to be CRAZY.

Dan