----- Original Message -----
From: John Kennon
To: Oreste
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:52 AM
Subject: Midway Update

As published elsewhere......

The entire team is in Honolulu. On Thursday when the first members were to
depart to Midway we were informed of a problem with the plane involving an oil
leak. We were assured it was fixable. Friday several test flights were made
that determined that the repairs were unsuccessful. We are frantically
searching for alternative means. We discovered yesterday that there are no
available planes on the Island that are either certified to fly to Midway or
large enough for us. We are negotiating with a company in California for a jet
as well. The plane we original chartered is about to take off on a test flight
to determine if the repairs made overnight were successful.

The team is not giving up and exploring ALL options to make this happen. Fish
and Wildlife is being very supportive of our efforts but in no way will they
extend the end date of our operation beyond the 19th due to the return of
migratory species that have already begun to return early.

We will update the website in 5 or 6 hours when the plane returns and is
checked out. We are as frustrated as you.

73, John N7CQQ/kh6
702-299-9175
702-498-1369 cell