By the way, in answer to my question yesterday, VT1 was the first post-WWII prefix for Kuwait.

The Brits initially administered Kuwait from India, so they assigned it a prefix out of the Indian block. Shortly thereafter, it was transferred to British military government, and got a prefix in the MP4 block which they used throughout the Persian Gulf, specifically MP4K. (For example, MP4B = Bahrain, MP4Q = Qatar, etc, except that the troops moved around, so MP4 soon became a jumbled mess!). Finally, when Kuwait gained its independence, it became the 9K we know today.

73, John, NT5C.