This would be a excellent club project - purchase a decent one and have it available for temporary loan.. 73, Gary K7ZD

On 10/16/2011 12:55 PM, DAVE WHITE wrote:

Hi John - try one of these http://www.rigexpert.com/index?s=aa54
an order of magnitude better than the MFJ
Dave G0OIL

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* jcowe...@comcast.net <mailto:jcowe...@comcast.net>
    *To:* WWDXC <mailto:ww...@yahoogroups.com>
    *Cc:* DX Chat <mailto:dx-chat@njdxa.org> ; Towertalk
    <mailto:towert...@contesting.com>
    *Sent:* Sunday, October 16, 2011 7:29 PM
    *Subject:* [DX-CHAT] Antenna Analyzer

    I need an antenna analyzer that provides impedance information. I
    have the predecesor to the MFJ-259B, and have been disappointed in
    it when the frequency of interest is near the band overlap areas of
    the various range segments. Works great mid range in those bands,
    but becomes unreliable near the edges of each band, and the overlap
    is not always sufficient to give reliable readings. I am considering
    the 259B, but fear the same kind of problems.

    Is there another instrument ouit there that isdesigned for ham
    radio, and not terribly expensive that you have experience with and
    feel is better than the 259B? Your response will be apprecaited.

    John Owens - N7TK

    Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
    No. 1 Honor Roll