Since I wrote that, it's been updated and now says "effective June 28 at 0001 UTC". Well, I'll just wait until tomorrow to be on the safe side. :-)

At 02:36 PM 6/28/2006, K2DBK - David wrote:
That would seem to be the case, according to this: http://www.arrl.org/blog/DXCC%20Dialog/45 which says in part: "The DXCC "Start Date," the earliest date that QSOs will count for the new entity (which is also the "Event Date, the date of the event that gave rise to the addition) will be 0001Z on the day following that on which Montenegro's UN membership is formalized. "

Also, this: http://www.un.org/News/ossg/hilites.shtml from the UN web's site would seem to make it pretty official.