Mark -- I was apprehensive about the prospect of getting Claude's QSL based on several comments I'd seen on the DX discussion boards. After finally working him in late Sep 08 I decided to send my card to him via international registered mail, return receipt requested as that had worked well getting a card out of Moldova under similar circumstances.

Good news is that my card arrived from Claude a week or two ago, coincidentally the return receipt card arrived the same day (stamped 2 Dec)! Regardless, Claude was very gracious in returning the card.

I THINK that the registered mail route is what made the difference. Although, I was surprised to find that the USPS system could only track my letter to their San Francisco facility. After trying to track it further I called the 800 number and was told that once it left U.S. hands it was up to the country of receipt to take responsibility for the mail (I guess as one might expect). The USPS rep took my info and told me that they would make an inquiry with Cambodia and that they had 60 days in which to respond and the USPS would then inform me in writing of the results -- interesting that I have yet to hear from USPS!

Sorry for the long diatribe but thought my experience might help others who have been trying to get a card from Claude.

Cost of my mailing about $14; having XU7ABN RTTY card in hand -- priceless!

Good Hunting!

73 -- Dino KL0S

or
subscribe dx-news