The following is from Jim VQ9JC

73 Urb W1UL

I'll be using another special prefix callsign, VQ92JC (nine two), from 20 Oct through 4 Nov. I'll be QRV in the 1200-1600Z time frame as much as possible during that calendar window. This is the sixth consecutive year that I've been issued a unique prefix.

The only drawback is that I'm still operating Field Day style from a recreational park. My station currently is an FT-857 at 100 watts to a dipole at a height of 10 meters.

I'll be on during the upcoming CQ WW SSB contest. I've made a lot of calls and CQs on SSB, both in and outside of contests, over the last several months, but very few ops have answered me. No doubt it's largely because prop condx aren't very good and because of my station limitations, so I don't know how good my SSB effort in the WW will be.

I'm scheduled to return to the States just after that. QSL via ND9M.

73,

Jim, VQ9(2)JC / ND9M

or
subscribe dx-news