Interetsing stories about UPS. i thought that I wa the only one to have suffered with
them, but I seem to be august company. In december 1996, I was sent samples of
antennae from LARSEN ELECTRONICS, since I had just started their representation in
India. Those samples are yet to be delivered. The tracers sent from India arealso
untraceable!!!!!

Suffice it sy, I now always ship FEDEX from the USA to India, which reaches me in 5
days including cusotms clearance!!

nat vu2nta

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
On my return from CYØAA in 1996, I was "priviledged" to donate my Amp
Supply LK500ZA to the DX Gods!!! After having our plane flight
"confiscated" to evacuate Canadian personnel first due to fog, the
equipment stayed behind, to be picked up on the next trip.  Since the fog
had become so intense, the flight was ...to the credit of the
pilot...done on the next trip...another 3.5 hours later later with fog
rolling in, which was above and beyond the call for him to do.  The
equipment was given to a very non-understanding group of airline
employees though in  Halifax, NS, who didn't pay the the $2.50, and
insure any of the equipment as they were instructed!!  UPS DESTROYED the
amp....which was packed in a specially designed shipping box!!
No one could figure how it had gotten so beaten up!!!  All of the meters
were wiped off of the face of the amp, and the loading knobs were bent.
This was all in an army surplus case!!! I fought for a year with UPS
since there were conflicting stories between  Canadian and US UPS
personnel.  Finally my own insurance company applied it to my homeowners
policy...minus the deductible to finance another amplifier.  The amp was
lost in shipment, and ended up on Cushcraft's receiving dock in NH
unmarked!!!  I happened to call them, and they asked if I recognized this
desciption of the shipping box! So not only did they damage the
equipment, they shipped it to a place in an unmarked box!!! All of the
shipping tags had been "removed"...if I wouldn't have called, I would've
NEVER  seen the amp again, no matter what the condition!!!  Without
adding any more to this story, let it suffice to say....I will NEVER ship
 another piece of equipment via UPS for any future operation of mine to
anywhere.

Ken
WA8JOC/CYØAA